So the first lecture is done! We are off on a new adventure! It's hard to know what to expect, the class seemed very quiet but I think it is full of potential. Perhaps they were all shell shocked with information overload.....we went through a lot today.
I was asked 3 questions today that I hadn't expected and hadn't thought about. I'm really glad they were asked and I hope that more questions will come soon.
Sometimes what seems like a stupid question is the most insightful - it's so easy to think I won't ask a question because I should know the answer and people will judge me if I ask what seems like an obvious question. But unpacking the 'obvious' and thinking critically about 'common sense' is what a university education is all about. So let those questions roll! There is no such thing as a silly question!
I was asked 3 questions today that I hadn't expected and hadn't thought about. I'm really glad they were asked and I hope that more questions will come soon.
Sometimes what seems like a stupid question is the most insightful - it's so easy to think I won't ask a question because I should know the answer and people will judge me if I ask what seems like an obvious question. But unpacking the 'obvious' and thinking critically about 'common sense' is what a university education is all about. So let those questions roll! There is no such thing as a silly question!
I do agree Lindsay, "silly" questions often are the most insightful. The students do have quite alot of information to digest, they do however seem like a smart bunch. I am looking forward to getting to know them.
ReplyDeleteI hope some more "silly" questions come out in the tutorials next week because the content is quite heavy if it is your first time being exposed to it.
ReplyDelete